Blue crackle bowl closeup Blue crackle

note: the term 'crackle'
is not exactly accurate.

It is not cracks in the glaze but another
phenomenon that I've never heard anyone explain.

The Chinese call this "Ice Crackle" or
sometimes "Fish-scale crackle".
I discoverd it by accident during
one of my many glaze tests.